Another Christmas post by Rosy Hannah. I thank her for this lovely recipe, a touch of healthy food around all the Christmas indulgence.
These are the perfect Christmas treat! When everyone else is eating chocolate why not tuck into these gorgeous energy bites and taste all the goodness!
They are going to be one of my favourite things to eat around the Christmas period because they taste naughty but are full of wonderful ingredients that are brilliant for your body!
- 8 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 100g Pecans
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of cacao powder (depending on how chocolaty you want it)
- 1 teaspoon of water
- Any extras like a teaspoon of ginger; raisins; coconut; chocolate nibs; etc…
- Place pecans in a food processor until broken up and flour like;
- Chop dates and add to food processor;
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until mixture mixes together well and forms a ball type shape;
- Take 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball;
- Place balls into the fridge to set and enjoy!
They are brilliant for any member of the family, from kids to grandparents!
Also, you do not have to miss out when everyone is eating all their sweet things and battle any temptations.